Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What are you so afraid of?

You run around with your eye lids shut so tight I can hear them screaming,
You act as if the world was handed to you so you can sit around dreaming
I have decided to erase the fork that has lead my path to yours,
For I no longer want or need to feel the dread of a heavy load

You are a burden to society with your lack of sophistication,
You seem to embarrass yourself with your lack of dedication
I once had a dream about a man who could stand taller than a tower,
But his lack of inhibitions knocked him down so hard into a coward

Oh how the perceptions and deceptions of life are so closely intertwined,
For I see a close resemblance to that man and your lethargic mind
You think the world owes you something for your participation on this earth,
With my deepest regards I tell you, you are nothing more than another birth

One day you will wake up to realize your internal clock has been set off,
You have reached the end of nothing completed and nothing lost
You can't have something if you have nothing to compare it with,
For when you have nothing, you might as well have never lived.

No comments: