Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Days turned to hours, 18:30


Years turned to months
Months turned to weeks
Weeks turned to days
Days turned to hours
Hours turned to minutes
Minutes turned to that exact second.

The exact time that you were gone .

18:30

It was a cold day, it was a cold night
Little did I know, you were at the end of your fight
18:10, you were my cousin and my friend
Down to the last twenty you would ever see again
It took every ounce of you to fight
But not everyone can win in this endless life

It withered you away from what we once knew
A strong, happy, lovable human
Stretched out like the finest rubber band
Slowly pulling and pulling until everyone heard the snap

All I have left are these albums of memories
Memories which seem to have escaped my mind
I have these messages you sent me
Messages that only grow older with time
What really hurts is that I can’t be there

Alongside my family, alongside to grieve for you
I wish I could have seen you one last time
Just hug you and tell you everything will be alright


But will it?
Only you know now what comes after this life


The content hasnt changed
Life must go on still the same
But in my heart you will remain
Gone and free, and born again


Fly up from this earth and towards the sun
Release all hurt and your love for everyone
Watch over your family as they all come
One by one, one day, we will all become eternally young.


Rest in peace my beautiful cousin


Iyad Aziz Khoury, March 1, 2009


-Rania Khoury


“I see my light, come shining, from the West down to the East. Any day now, any day now, I shall be release”-Bob Dylan



In the loving memory of Iyad Aziz Khoury, my cousin and friend.

Iyad and his beautiful family.


This misery is driving me insane, and so i ask these three questions to myself today
Should I just float through life with all these black holes?

Am I a casket, sheltering a dead soul?

Mistakes pave my path with every decision I have made in my past

Will this haunt me in my future or lead to my death?


I have to discover this for myself, before my world comes to an end
This is my eternal internal war, trying to find my immortal soul
-Rania Khoury

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think no one comments because they are speechless when reading your thoughts. Your words are so powerful. I feel like a voyeur peeping into your inner soul. Keep writing.