Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Final Cut

It upsets me how disgusting this world has become
Do we forget that we are all here living under the sun?

We fail to understand that we are not all of one
We fail to comprehend that we are not higher than the sun
Because we as humans need to understand we can convert this world

It upsets my heart to hear such ill stricken minds
Bound by their undying response to an idiolistic point in time
Where no man is different, where we must all be of the same

We cannot go on with our youth learning from the herds
We cannot go on with our young trying to progress on unspoken words
We cannot go on living in a world where a sentence is a word too many
We cannot go on fighting in silence to an outspoken enemy

We must fight, we must unite, we must declare our right
To form a household that is wholesome
To be able to close your eyes in the middle of the night
And not have to worry about someone's gun

We must try until our last dying breathe
To reveal the neglect of a peaceful death
If we choose to sit in silence
in return, we will end up with nothing but violence


All this frustration is going nowhere,I don't even think I am aware,
of what the future may hold, what the past may repeat, at the present time, I'm unable to complete …
My thoughts, my stories, my memories, my glories,
negativity runs through my mind, every time I try to find my place, which you have hidden behind a fake face
Fuck politics and society, fuck all this drama that comes in variety
I'm not dealing with this stress, you unravel this mess you've created yourself,
don't drag me in to all this headache,
I close my eyes to try and revive, but you're above me waiting for me to wake--

Up the stairs the noise is so clear, someone is yelling but I don't have any fear
This is my life, my time, my dream and my rhyme,
If you have a problem, keep it to yourself, because I'm not the type to keep it hidden in the shelf
Just turn your head and walk away, pretend you never met me , we'll just go our separate ways


What's become of this world? Something that's unheard,
No one knows who's who, left and right, kids are dropping out of school
Parents are losing to their offspring, the guns are leaving the sound of a ring,
Don't be worried about your bling, cause was got more important things
School shootings, polluting, distributing, the fact that our country is losing
We feel so brave and bold that we control this whole entire world, I'm just waiting for it to all unfold
Give me more information about our govermentation, the fact that we cant even handle confrontation

The rich are left. The Rich Are Left. THE RICH ARE LEFT AND WE ARE RUNNING AROUND WITH OUR POCKETS ON FIRE TRYING TO HELP OURSELVES.

My pockets are burning and they haven't even been sewn on to my pants yet,

I'll just sit in here consumed by my thoughts and drowning in my sweat.


-Rania Khoury


No comments: