Sunday, December 7, 2008

Unforgiving Showers


October 4, 2008

I guess you don’t need me anymore since I walked out that door
You’ve moved on I can tell, you really do show it so well

But when you close your eyes and if you see my face
Just remember I’m right here waiting for you to change

I guess you don’t need me anymore since I walked out that door
I didn’t mean to take that step but the itching pain was sweltering in the depth

But if you open your mouth and speak my name
Just remember I’m right here waiting in the pouring rain

You’ve closed your windows and you’ve locked your doors
You’ve thrown away the keys and bolted down the floors

In a minute I will see everything we could have been
Best friends turned in to enemies and back to hell again

You’re twisting the knife deep into my shoulder blade
Crippling my heart all the way up to my brain

The pulsating nerves are shooting their bullets
Up and down my spine back in to my heart’s ruins

I guess you don’t need me anymore since I walked out that door
It was something I had to do for the sake of me and you

Judging from the past I can’t for-shadow the future
Every time I see you my bones grow looser

Soon I will crumble like those big strong towers
As you pour your hatred on to me like Spring’s unforgiving showers

-Rania Khoury

No comments: